Get in our belly's! Whether or not baking or cooking is your thing. Our instructors are sharing their go-to favorite food items and recipes. Every Friday, find us here sharing our easy to follow recipes for all to enjoy.
Stacy's Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili
"I love my slow cooker when baseball season gets going for my son in March. It is a lifesaver after long days going from work, to school pick up, to practices and games!"
Ingredient List (Servings: 8)
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chili beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (use 3 if they're small)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup of quinoa , rinsed
- toppings of your choice (cheese, sour cream, avocados, and tortilla strips)
- Make sure you rinse the quinoa and then add everything into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. If you're using frozen chicken you may have to cook it longer.
- Remove chicken and shred it with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocados, and tortilla strips.